FW: Problems with Plot. Please

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8703] FW: [mg8644] Problems with Plot. Please
  • From: Ersek_Ted%PAX1A at mr.nawcad.navy.mil
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 02:47:45 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mike Gentile wrote:

| I've been using Mathematica 3.0 since it was released and have never had
| this problem before.  When I have Mathematica do,
|
| Plot[x,{x,0,1}]
|
| or plot any function for that matter, the function and the axes appear as
| dotted lines rather than solid.  It always worked before.  Even in the
| examples in the online Mathematica Book, the plots are dotted.  They never
| were before.  To my knowledge I didn't change anything that would have
| affected this, but just to be sure, I reinstalled Mathematica, overwriting
| files when it asked me to.  Still, the problem persisted.  Please help.

Mike:

See what happens when you try low level graphics like the following:

In[1]:=  Show[ Graphics[ {  Line[{{-1,1},{1,-1}}], Line[{{-1,-1},{1,1}}]  }
 ]]

This should draw an "X" with slolid Lines.

Also, see what happens when you print the above graphic.
After you do that call Wolfram Research tech suppport.
If your hardware is broken they might help you determine that it is.

     Ted Ersek