ListPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8709] ListPlot3D
  • From: "C.Osborne" <Sglceo at cardiff.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 02:47:50 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

with plotting lists of data in three dimensions.
The data I am trying to plot have been generated by a seperate program and then imported
into a Mathematica table via ReadList. The data are in the form of a large list
containing sub-lists of three items.

I have been trying to display data against three axes and have had no joy with
ListPlot3d .

I have managed to get a plot together using Graphics3D and the following code:
   Show[Graphics3D [{PointSize[0.001],Map[Point,pfc]}]];

where "pfc" is the name which i have given to the data table.

This display is fine but i have not been able to find a way to add a scale or labels to
any of the axes ( although i managed to get FaceGrids on ).

Could anyone please tell me how to annotate my plot (if this is possible) or suggest a
better way of creating my display.

Thanks

Craig Osborne
U.W.C.C