Boundary Value Problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8768] Boundary Value Problem
  • From: Multimpor International Holding Corporation <mihcgab at ceniai.inf.cu>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 20:51:10 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have several boundary-value differential ordinary linear problems of
second

orden, like this:

   A[x]y''[x]+B[x]y'[x]+C[x]y[x]==F[x],

   x in [a, b],

        y[a]== ya,

        y'[b]+ C1 y[b]== C2

   where A,B,C and F are analitic functions

   This equation has not an analitic solution.

I am looking for a numerical solution with good precision. The Images of
the

functions move in [-10^22, 10^22], and x moves in [0, 10^-4]. May be for

this reason, there are so many precision errors in the solution obtained
for

Multiple-Shooting and Finite-Differences Methods.

I have also intended to solve it by the NDSolve (which uses

the Gel'fandLokutsiyevskii chasing method), but the calculation is too

expensive in time and without any result.

What method do you advise?

Which is the difference between Back-Shooting, Forward-Shooting and

 Multiple-Shooting Methods?

What is the essence of the Gel'fandLokutsiyevskii chasing method?

Could you recommend me any electronic bibliography in Internet?

I am a cuban girl. English is not my language. Excuse my mistakes, please.