Problem/Bug w/ StackedBarChart?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8880] Problem/Bug w/ StackedBarChart?
  • From: brisinda at cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Dale &)
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 20:16:47 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm having a problem getting Mathematica to generate a specific stacked
bar chart. Here is the short bit of code:

---

<<Graphics`Graphics`

oldFont = $DefaultFont ;
$DefaultFont = {"Helvetica", 10} ;

leftNormal = {8,3,1,0,0,0} ;
leftLeft = {8,3,0,0,1,0} ;
leftRight = {8,2,2,0,0,0} ;
leftScale = {2,3,3,3,0,0} ;
leftL45 = {8,1,3,0,0,0} ;
leftL90 = {6,2,3,1,0,0} ;
leftGlasses = {3,5,6,6,2,1} ;

myTicks = Transpose[{Range[6], {2,5,10,20,">20","Miss"}}] ;

leftEyeBar = StackedBarChart[
	leftNormal, leftLeft, leftRight,
	leftScale, leftL45, leftL90, leftGlasses,
	BarStyle -> Automatic,
	BarOrientation -> Horizontal,
	Ticks -> {Automatic, myTicks}]

---

Now the problem is that Mathematica only plots the first complete bar
up to 31 -- cutting off the remainder! If I modify the data of
leftNormal and change the first element from 8 -> 7 then it works
(only I can't use this graph with modified data!) It almost seems like
some kind of peculiar limitation on the total number of datums in a
column/row.

Any insights or clever work-arounds?

BTW, I'm running Mathematica 2.2 on NeXT hardware if that's
helpful.

Thanks,
Dale
---
Dale Brisinda, Grad. Student
Dept. of Computer Science, University of Calgary
brisinda at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
http://www.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~brisinda/home.html
--
---