Re: Animation?

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11838] Re: Animation?
  • From: "Alberto Raydan" <raydan@acm.org>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 00:35:43 -0500

I have used a similar technique to the one described by P.J. Hinton to
generate a sequence of GIF frames. To join all the GIFs produced by
Display[] I used the program WhirlGIF.exe
(http://www.msg.net/utility/whirlgif/). This program will generate a
single GIF89 file. The program is available in C source only; however,
if you compile it for DOS with MS Visual C++ it will not work. You will
have to change a couple of lines of code to make it work. There are
three instances of fopen() in the source. Make sure that the first
instance of fopen() uses "wb" as last argument, the second instance
uses "rt", and the third instance uses "rb". It so happens that in DOS
(at least with Visual C++) the default mode to open a file with fopen()
is "text" mode and, of course, the GIF file is binary.

Alberto Raydan
raydan@acm.org