Re: MathLink

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11928] Re: MathLink
  • From: kevinl@wolfram.com (Kevin Leuthold)
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 00:33:28 -0400

Vince,

Yes, the function MLMain should be generated if you run everything
properly. It is defined in the code generated by the mprep tool.  To
generate this code,  type the following at a command prompt:

mprep sumalist.tm -o sumalist.tm.c

(mprep is located in the CompilerAdditions directory.)

In general, on Unix, there are two provided ways to build a MathLink
sample program.  You can use the mcc script (in CompilerAdditions) -
this hides all the details of building the program and deletes the
mprep-generated code once it's compiled so you won't see this code.  Or
you can use the Makefile provided in MathLinkExamples.  By looking at
this Makefile you should be able to see the steps needed to build
sumalist, including the call to mprep.

Kevin Leuthold
MathLink Group
Wolfram Research