Converting Notebooks

I'm having trouble converting 2.2 Notebooks to 3.0. It worked fine for
awhile, but now when it opens the old files it displays a single blank
cell. I've tried NotebookConvert as per the instruction in the online
help but it doesn't seem to do a thing. I've looked all through the
options but nothing related to Notebook conversion seems to change this
behavior.  The manual seems to indicate that it will always ask to
convert the file but now it never does. Any ideas?

Thanks!

James

--
James Bridges, PhD