Re: Clifford algebra package?

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12163] Re: Clifford algebra package?
  • From: Pertti Lounesto <lounesto@hit.fi>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 01:46:47 -0400

k y n n <NOSPAMkEynOn@panix.comNOSPAM> writes:
> Does anyone know of a Mathematica package for symbolic
> calculations in a Clifford algebra?

Point your browser to "http://iris.ifisicacu.unam.mx/software.html" for
"Clifford: Mathematica package for calculations with Clifford Algebra".

In my article "Clifford algebra calculations with a microcomputer", pp.
39-55, published in A. Micali et al. (eds.): "Clifford Algebras and
their Applications in MathematicalPhysics", Kluwer, 1992, I compare
advantages and disadvantages of various computer programs in doing
Clifford algebras.  In general, symbolic programs are not efficient in
multililinear algebra, for reasons explained in the Section 2 "Why a
numerical, not symbolic program?", pp. 40-41, of my article.

I have developed a numerical, but quasisymbolic program for real non-
degenerate Clifford algebras, CLICAL.  You may download CLICAL from
"http://www.hit.fi/~lounesto/CLICAL.htm". --
Pertti Lounesto