Re: ReadList of Mixed Data Types???

"ToExpression" is also a technique I have used. In fact, I believe Todd
could read the comma delimited data as Words using ReadList with
WordSeparators->{","}, and then use ToExpression to convert the Words
to integers.

Unfortunately, this will not work for Reals expressed in Fortran
E-format. The problem is that while ReadList very conveniently
understands E-format, Mathematica in general does not, so neither does
ToExpression. I very frequently use Mathematica to process DOS text
format data files which have been stored by an HP semiconductor
analyzer, which really only wants to record comma delimited data.

What I *really* need is for ReadList to accept a WordSeperator->{","}
option when reading numbers - - - - but I would be very grateful to
anyone who could point me to a good work-around for this in Mathematica
3.0.

Thanks.