Re: $Path variable

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15105] Re: $Path variable
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 03:59:06 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Doug,

it is impossible that a simple

AppendTo[$Path,"/export/home/kuska/Notebook3.0/AddOns"]

in Your init.m crash the system.
On MS-Windows there is a single init.m file on unix you must change it
in ~/.Mathematica/3.0/Kernel/init.m

If You have no
~/.Mathematica/3.0/Kernel

directory create one and add the init.m file.

To change the $Path only temporal, you may use

Block[{$Path="~/somedir"}
  Get["somepackage`"]
 ]

Hope that helps