Two Online Mathematica-related courses

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15144] Two Online Mathematica-related courses
  • From: Ken Levasseur <Kenneth_Levasseur at uml.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 03:11:19 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Starting January 25, the UMass Lowell CyberEd program will be offering
two on-line courses based on Mathematica:  "Abstract Algebra I" and
"Computer Algebra with Mathematica"

"Abstract Algebra I" is an introductory course in abstract algebra.  The
course will blend traditional topics in abstract algebra and labs from
"Exploring Abstract Algebra with Mathematica,"  which will be available
soon from Springer-Telos
(http://www.springer-ny.com/catalog/np/aug98np/0-387-98619-7.html)
For more information on the course visit
http://www.uml.edu/Dept/Math/courses/m421c/m421c.html.

"Computer Algebra with Mathematica"  is a three credit university course
for Mathematica beginners. It requires two semesters of calculus (or
equivalent) and programming experience. For more information visit
http://www.uml.edu/Dept/Math/m419.html

For registration information, go to http://cybered.uml.edu/

For more information on "Exploring Abstract Algebra with Mathematica,"
visit http://www.central.edu/homepages/hibbarda/EAAM/eaam.html

Ken Levasseur
Mathematical Sciences
UMass Lowell