Solving with restrictions on parameters
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg15186] Solving with restrictions on parameters
- From: Oliver Paddison <paddison at core.ucl.ac.be>
- Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 02:11:02 -0500
- Organization: Universite Catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am trying to solve the following equation: k^(2+b+a) - a + y*k^(3-b-a) ==0 for k, where i have the restrictions that 0<a,b<1. How can i tell mathematica that he should do this, in particular, how do i restrict a and b to lie in the interval (0,1)?