Re: Beginner's clothoid

You can look up the clothoid in my book:

Modern Differential Geometry of Curves and Surfaces, Second Edition.

The Mathematica programs for the book are available via anonymous ftp
from bianchi.umd.edu.  In particular, the parametrization using NDSolve
plots much faster than the one (equivalent to yours) using Fresnel
Integrals.

Alfred Gray

Visit the galleries of surfaces and curves: http://bianchi.umd.edu

Just published: Modern Differential Geometry of Curves and Surfaces,
Second Edition.  CRC Press, December 1997.