Re: 3D histograms?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [mg10763] Re: 3D histograms?
- From: Martin Kraus <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 00:58:14 -0500
- Organization: Univ. Erlangen-Nuernberg, Theoret. Physik III
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Rick Riolo wrote: > > Are there any packages, commands, etc, that include ways to create 3D > hisograms? My hope is for something like my colleagues can easily > make in something like Excell, i.e., a an display with rectangular > columns with the heights analogous to heights in a regular 2d > histogram. > > Thanks! > - r > > -- > Rick Riolo email@example.com Program for Study > of Complex Systems (PSCS) 4068 Randall Lab > University of Michigan Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120 Phone: 313 763 > 3323 Fax: 313 763 9267 > http://www.pscs.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html Try the BarChart3D function of the Graphics`Graphics3D` package. (I think this is Mathematica 3.0 only.) The function is documented in the Help Browser under Add-Ons/StandardPackages/Graphics/Graphics3D (or via the Master Index). I never worked with it, but am very interested in real-life applications of this, thus please inform me, if you successfully used it. Hope that helps Martin