Re: MathLink portnumbers and internal types

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg10977] Re: MathLink portnumbers and internal types
  • From: kevinl@wolfram.com (Kevin Leuthold)
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 02:10:42 -0500

Stefan,

The function MLName will return a pointer to the link name.   This
memory should be considered read-only (so don't deallocate  it).  The
return value will be in the form "port@machine.name", so you can get
the port from this string. Here is the prototype for MLName:

char* MLName( MLINK lp);

Kevin Leuthold
MathLink Group
Wolfram Research