Visual Basic

I've looked at the VB example on www.wolfram.com and I can see how to
open a session with Mathematica. Now, I want to call an external
function written in VB. Im not sure how to do this, there is no usage
message use in the VB example. Does anyone have something like the
addtwo example in VB?

Im using VB cause I want to enable access to a database using DAO. Using
DAO in Visual C++ looks way to complicated.

Thanks, JG