Re: I don't understand in Mathematic

alok. menghrajani wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm 16 and I can't understand how I (why me?) found this bug in
> mathematica. It's such a silly thing:
>
> Solve [x/x+x=1, x] returns x=0 but if x=0 then x/x has no sence!
>
> Bye, ALok
>
> (Pls reply to my email: robot@writeme.com)

Its not a bug.  You are missing a pre-calculus course in limits. Perhaps
your high school offers one.  Mathematica incorporates simple limits
automatically in most of its functions.   x/x as x approaches 0 is
indeed 1.

Also, when solving algebraic equations in Solve, it is customary to use
the == rather than = since you are not attempting to assign the value 1
to some symbol, but are making an expression of equality. --
Remove the _nospam_ in the return address to respond.