Bug? Can suddenly not edit with LINUX Frontend

I experience the following strange behavior with my new Mathematica 3.0
under Linux 2.0.32 with the Fvwm95 window manager:

Sometimes already at the beginning of a session, sometimes unexpectedly
within a Mathematica session the Mouse-Cursor becomes a "Hand" (as it
usually does only over a graphic) and does not allow introducing a
text-cursor any longer (in particular not over Input-Text).

Sometimes it is possible to introduce a text-cursor between two cells,
and then use arrow keys to move the text-cursor into a cell.

Attempting to select or unselect cells always selects/unselects some
additional cells which are not neighbored to the attempted cell.

All this sounds very odd to me. Did anybody experience this problem?
Any ideas?

Thank you very much and best Regards,

Oliver

--