Editable Images of the Globe?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13152] Editable Images of the Globe?
  • From: siegman at ee.stanford.edu (AES)
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 07:42:04 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'd like to acquire (or be able to create) editable (and rotatable)
color images of the globe, with continents, countries, oceans, etc., to
which I could add additional information, e.g. airline routes, using
either built-in software or some standard tool like Illustrator or
Mathematica.

This is an "amateur level" project, for fun not professional, so I'd
like the data and tools to be (a) inexpensive and (b) easy to learn.

Any suggestions?  (I know about Digital Wisdom and MapArt.)

Thanks   -- siegman at ee.stanford.edu