Re: differences between math and mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13312] Re: differences between math and mathematica
  • From: paulh (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 02:49:24 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <6okgt5$190 at smc.vnet.net>, Nick Bruton
<nick.bruton at bristol.ac.uk> writes:

|> One of my users is having a slight problem with labels on axis, if
you |> do ....
|> mathematica
|> Plot[Sin[x],{x,-10,10}] the output looks ok but if you try the same
from |> math the labels on
|> the axis are un-readable. Can anyone suggest a fix ? |>
|> This is mathematica 3.0 on a Solaris 2.6 system displaying to a
remote |> x-term

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "unreadable" in this context.  I
suspect that the anomalous behavior that you're seeing is a known
problem.  Refer to the Technical Support FAQ page for more information.

http://www.wolfram.com/support/Systems/Unix/Solaris/motifps.html

If that does not fix the problem, you may want to contact the support
department directly at support at wolfram.com.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group		paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research,