RE: The "Users" directory under NT

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13398] RE: [mg13357] The "Users" directory under NT
  • From: "Jean-Marie THOMAS" <jmthomas at cybercable.tm.fr>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 03:32:41 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

When creating a new user with the user administration tool under NT, the
administrator can specify directories, either for the user profile
and/or for user files.
When installing Mathematica, the new directories created for Mathematica
user specific files will use the directory created for the user.
Mathematica then follows NT preferences, so if you want to modify
Mathematica preferences, do it with the user administration tool. Doing
this will ensure your preferences paths ($Path for instance) to be
automatically set to include your user directory. You do not need to
have your own stuff in the Mathematica directory, except that new
packages, applications and so on need to be in this directory.
Email me if you want me to show you my own configuration.

Hope this helps,

Jean-Marie THOMAS
Conseil et Audit en Ingnierie de Calcul Strasbourg, France