Subscript and the Sorcerer's Apprentice 2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13533] Subscript and the Sorcerer's Apprentice 2
  • From: Tom Burton <tburton at brahea.com>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 04:33:41 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

It was always a little hard to accept the notion that I could exhaust my
virtual memory solely with definitions attached to Subscript.

It now appears that the bigger problem was a bug in MathKernel.exe (so
far, corrected in the new version I downloaded from the WRI web site).
My extravagant list of definitions assigned to Subscript was a minor
player: by scrupulously cleaning it up, I could sometimes delay the
"Out of Memory" condition; that's all.

How about extending a bit of artistic license to my version of "The
Sorcerer's Apprentice"?