Solve for DEQ

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13505] Solve for DEQ
  • From: Jaume Terradas <jaume at hubble.uib.es>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 04:33:21 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear friends,

	I have a problem when I try to eliminate in a system of differential
equations, some variables. Using the command Solve, Mathematica
eliminates the variable but gives it as a function of its derivatives,
when in fact it is possible to eliminate all of them. Besides when I
try to introduce a variable into a equation, Mathematica does not do
the derivatives.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jaume