Re: user defined palettes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12794] Re: user defined palettes
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:05:27 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 10 Jun 1998, Sean Ross wrote:

> This is a "just for curious" question.  When I create a palette and save
> it to the SystemFiles\FrontEnd\Palettes  directory, the title of my new
> palette appears on the File:Palettes submenu.  However, when I actually
> click on the button and open the palette, the palette window displays
> the name of the palette file.  None of the built in palettes display
> the names of their files.  Does anyone know the option to turn off
> displaying the name of a file in the window bar?

The name of the option that controls what is displayed on the title bar
is WindowTitle.  You can adjust this value by opening the option
inspector, setting the inspector's scope to Notebook, setting the
Editable option to be True for your palette, and then changing the
WindowTitle to be None. After adjusting this option, you probably want
to set Editable back to False.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram