Re: Exporting lists from Mathematica 3.0 to Excel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12838] Re: [mg12768] Exporting lists from Mathematica 3.0 to Excel
  • From: Sean Ross <seanross at worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:15:15 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jason Krywicki wrote:

> Can anyone give me an idea on what the most efficient way to do this?

I usually convert the list to be exported into a string using ToString,
then I use StringReplace and change all the commas to spaces, delete
the left curly braces and replace single right curly braces with spaces
and double right curly braces with line feeds.  The resulting string
exports to a file much faster than the original list and can be read in
by Excel.