RE: Dynamic Programming

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12896] RE: [mg12877] Dynamic Programming
  • From: Ersek_Ted%PAX1A at mr.nawcad.navy.mil
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 03:44:19 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Chris Farr  wrote:

|If anyone out there does dynamic programming with Mathematica, I would
|like to talk with them to discuss implementation issues. |
|Thanks,
|
|Chris Farr

David Wagner  has a ten page discussion on this subject in his book
_Power  Programming with Mathematica The Kernel_.   I assume you mean
the same thing  D. Wagner does when you speak of dynamic programming.
As D. Wagner presents  is a Dynamic Program is a recursive program that
starts with a small problem  and recursively works up to a larger
problem.

I have no experience with dynamic programming besides reading about it
in D.  Wagner's book, but I will contribute as much as I can if you
like.

Ted Ersek