Re: Help: What is \Muserfunction generated with Splice?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12898] Re: [mg12865] Help: What is \Muserfunction generated with Splice?
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at linmpi.mpg.de>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 03:44:21 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Ted,

the notebook.sty file defines the \Mfunction{} ... macros. TeXForm
generates this
automatical to cooperate with the style file. The idea is to give a
different
output for functions and variables. You may use the notebook.sty file or
You may define Your own macros for \Mfunction{} and its friends.

You can remove this (here for variables) with the following Mathematica
code

Unprotect[TeXForm]
   TeXForm[a_Symbol]:=a
Protect[TeXForm]

An more complicated solution may be to define your own TeX/LaTeX output
command
to remove this behaviour.

Hope that helps
  Jens