Re: How draw 3D Arrows?

Terry Harter wrote:

> Hi All;
>     While I realize that the 'Arrow' package of Mathematica can draw
> *two-dimensional" arrows, the package fails at giving a 3D arrow.
> Anyone  have any ideas or suggestions?   Say I have  2, distinct 3-dim
> points {a,b,c} and {x,y,z}, how do I then draw a 3-dim arrow from
> {a,b,c} to {x,y,z} with the "head" of the arrow at {x,y,z}?   I could
> find nothing on this in MathSource.  Many thanks in advance! .....Terry

Not to solve your problem, but unless you have a holographic projection
system, there is no such thing as a three dimensional arrow.  You want
a 2-D arrow on top of a 3-D graph.  You can use the command Show to
combine a 2-D arrow with a 3-D graph such as in:

Show[Plot3D[Exp[-x^2+y^2],{x,-2,2},{y,-2,2}],Graphics[Arrow[{0,0},{1,1}]]]

It looks like you will have to experiment with the coordinate system to
get the arrow in the right place and get whatever options you wanted on
the 3-D plot.
--
Remove the _nospam_ in the return address to respond.