Re: Exporting Graphics

Having just done all the plots for my dissertation and defense using
Mathematica, I can sympathize with your plight!  What I did was to save
my Mathematica plots as Adobe Illustrator files, fix up the labels in
AI, and then import the graphics into either LaTex or PowerPoint as
.eps files (works with Word, too).  As long as the documents are
printed on a true postscript printer, the graphics look as beautiful as
the day they were created!

++Dear MathGroup:
++
++Without question, Mathematica is the greatest thing since sliced bread
++for doing modeling, data analysis and visualization.  ++
++For all of its capability, I'm finding that something as fundamental
as ++exporting graphics for use in other applications (e.g., Word
documents) ++is really a pain. Is there any way to get true WYSIWYG
plots saved to ++disk that can subsequently be imported into a
non-Mathematica document ++without loss of resolution, bizarre
resizings, mysterious font ++substitutions, etc.?
++
++The closest I came to reproducing the exquisite appearance of notebook
++plots was to do "File: Print Selection"...unfortunately, there is the
++embedded header with the notebook name attached to the plot. I can
deal ++with white-out on the header, and photocopying the printed
output, but ++it seems like there must be a better way. ++
++How do others in the MathGroup deal with this problem? Any and all
++suggestions are most welcome. Thanks! ++
++