I can not run kernel

The problem is actually that I cannot execute the kernel of Mathematica
 3.0 (the only version of the program I have). Even after making
several  reinstalations of the Mathematica 3.0. Whenever I try to
execute the  kernel I always get the same message: "Mathkernel
provoqued a page  failure not valid in the module Mathdll.dll of
0137:00c658ee.Ask the  provider of the program".

I think the problem is that Mathematica 3.0 has broken down sth from the
 operative system (W95), due to the attempt of converting .ma archive
to  .nb archive.After this Mathematica cannot be executed with any
archive,  even after making reinstalations.

What I can to do ?????