Re: ListContourPlot: actual x and y values marked on the axes?

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11410] Re: ListContourPlot: actual x and y values marked on the axes?
  • From: David Annetts <dannetts@laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 01:32:13 -0500

Hi,

> This should be simple, though I can't see to do it except by kludgy
> means.
>
> A colleague has got {x,y,z} data on a regular xy-grid. He wants  to see
> the contours z = constant. ListContourPlot, right? Just delete the x
> and y elements in each triple and partition up the data into sublists.
>
> Except - he (rightly) wants the scales on the x and y axes to display
> the actual x and y values, not the grid point counters. Like
> ContourPlot does.--

You can use MeshRange to override ListContourPlot's indexed axes.  Note
that you will run into problems if yourdata lists run from high values
to low, unless you reverse them before plotting.

 David Annetts                                       _____________
 http://www.ocs.mq.edu.au/~dannetts/                |C R C A M E T|
 * Ban all Multi-line signature files *             |-------------|
 Banning Systems Administration in 1998 when at     |_____        |
 CRC for Australian Mineral                         |````` \      |
 Exploration Technologies                           |`````/$\     |
 Earth Sciences                                     |````/$$$\____|
 Macquarie University, NSW 2109                     |```/$$$/.....|
 AUSTRALIA                                          |``/$$$/......|
 phone: +(1-61-2) 9850 9280, fax (1-61-2) 9850 8366  -------------