Re: Problem with EPSTIFF

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11485] Re: Problem with EPSTIFF
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh@wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 12:21:29 -0500
On 12 Mar 1998, JBrooks wrote:

> Hi, All,
>
> I am unable to make the Display "EPSTIFF" work in Win95.  I am using
> Version 3.0 for Students.  The message I get seems odd, as I am typing
> the command correctly (as far as I know):
>
> Display["HPA_Plot2.eps", %, "EPSTIFF"]
>
> And the response is:
>
> Display::"noform": "!("EPSTIFF") is not a recognized Display format. The
> formats include !("EPS, EPSTIFF, Metafile, GIF, TIFF, Illustrator, MGF,
> MPS, PCL, PDF, PBM, PSImage")."
>
> All other formats work fine.
>
> Clearly "EPSTIFF" is supposed to be supported, but does not work.  I am
> using Win95 op system.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.  I have contacted Wolfram Research, but no
> response (Presumably because it is a Student edition..., even though a
> legal registered copy...)

Non-system/installation support for the student version is available
from a web-based forum at URL:

	http://www.wolfram.com/student-support/

Did you try that forum?

The problem you are encountering is due to a misprint in the Mathematica
documentation.  The correct string to use is "EPS-TIFF".

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh@wolfram.com Wolfram