Re: file size?

> Hi everybody!
>
> Does anyone know whether there is a maximum file size or something like
> that in Mathematica?
>
> I have quite a big program and the problem is that after Mathematica has
> done the calculation, it crashes as soon as I use the page up /down
> button to look at the results. At first it shows the same line a hunred
> times instead of the whole text, then it crashes completely. I had the
> same problem sometimes when I used the Find-function.
>
> Would it help if I split up the program into parts and evaluate just one
> after the other? ( The work the kernel has to do would be the same)
>
> Thanks
>
> Margit

Hi,
   there is no maximum file size. I have several notebooks 140 MByte and
   more. I expect the problem is that You display a verry complicated
   symbolic result and the formating mix up the frontend.

   I avoid the display of huge expressions -- it is use less in the most
   cases and add my simplification rules blind until the LeafCount has some
   nice small value.

   Hope that helps
     Jens