Re: Speed of writing in Mathematica 3.01

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11770] Re: Speed of writing in Mathematica 3.01
  • From: Rolf Mertig <rolf@mertig.com>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 00:25:10 -0500

You are doing nothing wrong (except maybe not running Linux on your
Mac).

On my a antique 25 Mhz NeXTStation (1991), running the (unfortunately)
very last official
release of Mathematica for NeXTStep (if there are more people, like me,
who would actually
*pay* for the next version of Mathematica for NeXTStep, then speak up to
WRI, please!),
and a simple Linux-Box (Pentium 120 MHz):

In[1]:= $Version

Out[1]= NeXT 3.0 (April 15, 1997)

In[2]:= a = Table[i,{i,1001}];

In[3]:= Timing[