Re: Matrix manipulation

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12361] Re: Matrix manipulation
  • From: Seth Chandler <SChandler@Central.UH.Edu>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 02:04:43 -0400

This is not a problem of Mathematica's front end, but a problem of
operator precedence. If you try (b=a)//MatrixForm all your woes will
end. The way you are doing it, Mathematica is wrapping a MatrixForm
around the expression b, which you can see by taking your original
formulation and inputting FullForm[b].

Seth J. Chandler
Associate Professor of Law
University of Houston Law Center