Pagination Problems in Mathematica 3.0

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12429] Pagination Problems in Mathematica 3.0
  • From: "Arunas Salkauskas" <arunas@a!nm.org>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 11:15:39 -0400

Hi,

One of our faculty members is trying to create a rather complex document
in Mathematica 3.0 for Windows 95.  He is having some problems with
pagination. 3 technical support people in the department have looked at
the problem with no success.  Here are some of the problems:

1) Page breaks are happening at strange places - leaving him with pages
that are only 1/2 full.  There's no good reason for it, since the
contents of the next page is simply text, and there's no reason no to
break it across a page.

2) When 'Show Page Breaks' is checked on, he can see Page 1, 2, and then
it jumps immediately to 5 for the rest of the 5 page document.

3) I didn't try this myself, but apparently my colleagues tried
inserting new page breaks to see what they could force, but this didn't
help, and then they couldn't remove the page breaks!

Has anybody else encountered these problems?  Is there a fix?  Does
3.0.2 fix them?

Thanks in advance,

Arunas Salkauskas
Department of Mathematics and Statistics University of Calgary