Re: Grid Box help needed

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12514] Re: Grid Box help needed
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh@wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 18:10:45 -0400
On 18 May 1998, Michel Gosse wrote:

> When i enter the command :
> GridBox[{{a,b},{1,2}},ColumnLines->True,RowLines->True]//DisplayForm
> Everything is fine, and i get the column and row lines correctly When i
> enter :
> GridBox[{{SequenceForm["+",a],b},{1,2}},ColumnLines->True,RowLines->True]//
>   DisplayForm
> Mathematica returns the table without the lines. How can i correct this,
> so that i can have a table with row lines and column lines and using
> also the SequenceForm command. Regards.

You need to wrap ToBoxes around the SequenceForm operation.

GridBox[{{ToBoxes @ SequenceForm["+",a],b},{1,2}},ColumnLines->True,
    RowLines->True]// DisplayForm

Is there any particular reason that you require the use of
SequenceForm[]  in your particular situation?

It would appear to me that you could use a RowBox instead to achieve the
same effect.

GridBox[{{RowBox[{"+",a}],b},{1,2}},ColumnLines->True,RowLines->True]//
  DisplayForm

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh@wolfram.com Wolfram