Re: About plotting a surface

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12618] Re: About plotting a surface
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul@physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 02:38:18 -0400

Arhur Luiz Amaral da Cunha wrote:

> I would like to know how to take the mesh off a parametric surface using
> the command ParametricPlot3D. I tried to use the  "Mesh->False" option
> but it did not work within ParametricPlot3D despite  it did work within
> Plot3D. I would appriciate it wether you could give me an advice. I
> look forward to your reply.

Roman Maeder gives the following one-liner that removes mesh lines from
any 3D graphic in The Mathematica Journal 2(3), 32:

	NoMesh[Graphics3D[c_,rest___]]:=Graphics3D[{EdgeForm[],c},rest]

Cheers,
	Paul

The University of Western Australia            Nedlands WA  6907
mailto:paul@physics.uwa.edu.au  AUSTRALIA
http://www.pd.uwa.edu.au/~paul

            God IS a weakly left-handed dice player