Re: A "singular" equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14828] Re: A "singular" equation
  • From: Eric Strobel <EStrobel at schafercorp.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 01:29:32 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

The issue arose during this discussion about what Wolfram does/ought to
do  w.r.t. bug fixes.  Has the policy changed?  I seem to recall that
their  policy was that folks who actually encounter *specific* bugs
which are fixed

by a particular update (e.g., 3.0.0 -> 3.0.1) could get the update, but
folks
who were merely interested in a new feature had to pay.  I'm sure that
if you
report something for which there's a workaround, you'll be told the
workaround, but then that's fair...

- Eric.