Plot Image Size

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14916] Plot Image Size
  • From: Lawrence Walker <lwalker701 at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:48:37 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Group:

Recently, I needed to compare a Mathematica generated plot to a
hardcopy.  I wanted to printout the Mathematica plot on a "vu-graph"
and use it to overlay the hardcopy.  I had to continually resize the
plot until the scales of both the Mathematica plot and the hardcopy
matched.    I even tried to use the on-screen ruler.  The ruler proved
cumbersome.  Does anyone know an efficient way to set the image size of
a plot upon printout given the expected length or width?

Thanks,
Lawrence Walker