Re: Blue screen of death after installing NT4SP4

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14940] Re: Blue screen of death after installing NT4SP4
  • From: paulh (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 03:49:37 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <73i15n$pp2 at smc.vnet.net>, "Sam Yeung"
<yeungsus at dcs.kcl.ac.uk> writes:

|> I'm running Mathematica 3 under WindowsNT4. It was working like a
dream |> before I installed NT Service Pack 4, and now it blue screens
every |> time I start Mathematica.

|> Has anyone else experienced this, or know if a fix?

This service pack hasn't been out much more than a month, I believe, so
it is not surprising that this may have been the first we have heard of
such anomalous behavior.

The blue screen of death is admittedly a damning problem, but its causes
are by no means unique.  It would probably be better if you were to
transcribe the exact wording of the message displayed on the blue
screen and send it to Wolfram Research Technical Support  in the UK
<support at wolfram.co.uk>.  You will probably want to give  some sort of
description of when the screen actually occurs (like  what text was
being displayed at the base of the Mathematica startup  splash
graphic).

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group		paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research,