Distributing NT Workstation install

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14225] Distributing NT Workstation install
  • From: "Rolf J. Knudsen" <Rolf.J.Knudsen at hiof.no>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 03:00:51 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At our campus we've successfully installed Mathematica 3.0 on Windows
NT 4.0 Workstations. When trying to distribute the setup, problems
occur. Other WS with identical setup fails getting the licesing
information. Distributing the long passphrase needed to authorize each
copy is not feasible.

I've tried to do the file-copying fixes from the FAQ, without success.
This being a standard NT4 workstations on a NW 4.11-LAN, the setup
should be quite standard. What have I missed out on?