How to control the default plot size?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14195] How to control the default plot size?
  • From: gwinn at ma.ultranet.com (Joe Gwinn)
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 03:00:33 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am having an annoyance problem with Mathematica 3.0.1 for PowerPC
under MacOS 8.1:

When recomputing any kind of plot, such as ListPlot[],
ListDensityPlot[], etc, the plot size won't stay as set, instead often
reverting to 2 by 3 inches or so on the screen, at random.  In some
cases, the size shrunk to 0.5 by 0.5 inches.  There doesn't seem to be
any pattern to when a plot will stay the size it was set to (by
dragging the lower right corner), and when it will revert to the
default small size.

I assume that there is a Front End default one can set, and I have seen
it mentioned in the Holy Tome, but I have been unable to actually find
it.  Any suggestions?

Joe Gwinn