Images in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14232] Images in Mathematica
  • From: "JOHN C ERB" <JOHN_C_ERB at prodigy.net>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 13:51:20 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Oct 06, 1998

Greetings;

I would like to be able to import a scanned image (e.g., medical x-ray
film) into Mathematica,
and be able to ascertain the x and y coordinates of an object on that
image (given that I have
an x-y scale already on the image).

Is there a package already available for doing this?  If not, does
anyone have any suggestions
as to how I might approach this problem?

Thank you,

John C. Erb
email: John_C_Erb at prodigy.net