Re: from Compositions to trees

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14316] Re: [mg14214] from Compositions to trees
  • From: wself at viking.emcmt.edu (Will Self)
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 01:21:30 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Wouter,

I think that what you want is ReplaceRepeated.  Is this what you're
looking for?  The idea with the k>0 is to go clear down to the leaves.

budding = k_Integer/;k>0 :> Sequence @@ (t@@#&)/@Compositions[k-1,3]

Now try

t[4]//.budding

Even if this maybe isn't exactly what you want, I think you can use the
ReplaceRepeated idea to get what you want.

Will