Math3.0/Win98: SaveSelectionAs->Metafile clips the image?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14301] Math3.0/Win98: SaveSelectionAs->Metafile clips the image?
  • From: Jaroslaw Sugier <jsugier at ict.pwr.wroc.pl>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 01:21:17 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am rather a casual Mathematica user who needs this package mainly for
visualisation purposes and please forgive me if my question has already
been
answered here.

The problem: if I try to save a graphics cell in standard MSWin metafile
format (wmf) using the SaveSalectionAs command, the graphics is clipped
approx. 2/3 size in upper left-hand corner. That is, about 1/3 right and
bottom part of the picture is cut away from the wmf image (and no
zooming
or paning can help).

Then if I do the same thing using explicite command:

Display[ "FileName.wmf", %, "Metafile" ];

everything goes OK, i.e. the image in FileName.wmf is complete (and btw
file
size is reduced to almost 1/10 compared to saving the same cell by
SaveSelectionAs). Any ideas how can I make SaveSelectionAs work
correctly? I
would prefer this method because it's much faster - just one right-click
away...

Thanks for any help,

Jarek