Re: How can I connect MS Visual C++ 5.0 or Delphi witch Mathematica 3.0 ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14341] Re: How can I connect MS Visual C++ 5.0 or Delphi witch Mathematica 3.0 ?
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 00:28:45 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 13 Oct 1998, Lucjan wrote:

> I want to write a program in Visual C++ witch uses Mathematica's kernel
> to make calculation. I can't find any literature on this problem.
> Please,  send me some www address or books' titles. I can use Delphi,
> if it is possible.

The means of exchanging expressions with an external program as you
describe can be done through MathLink API C functions.

The API functions are platform-independent and are described in _The
Mathematica Book_ (Third Edition), Section 2.12.

Creating interfaces between Mathematica and other programs requires the
MathLink Developer's kit for your platform.  This kit comes with
professional versions of Mathematica, but not in the student version.
You can get the kit from the MathLink pages at URL:

	http://www.wolfram.com/support/MathLink/

Support for MathLink is not available to users of student versions.

Information on how to use the MathLink library and header file with your
compiler is provided under the online documentation.  You can display
this information in the Mathematica Help Browser by evaluating the
following command in a notebook:

FrontEndExecute[FrontEnd`HelpBrowserLookup["AddOns", "Compilers"]]

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram