Re: Recommended books for Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14429] Re: Recommended books for Mathematica
  • From: "Erik Neumann" <erikn at usa.net>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 03:32:25 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

After looking through newsgroup posts I got "Power Programming with
Mathematica" by David Wagner, and I've found it to be excellent (by no
means too basic).  It is more concerned with learning the various
techniques of programming available in mathematica, and goes in-depth
into some things that would otherwise remain mysterious (for example,
held expressions, rule-based programming).  It uses examples, but is
not really applications oriented.
Regards,
erikn at usa.net