Re: Plot, Cursor and Spelling Errors questions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14434] Re: [mg14393] Plot, Cursor and Spelling Errors questions
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at linmpi.mpg.de>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 03:32:30 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Ranko,

the answers are simple
1) Mathematica can't draw the difference because You typed P[x]
(CapitalP) but
    you have only defined p[x_] (small p)
   change Your last line to

Plot[Evaluate[f[x]-p[x]], {x,-1, 1}, PlotPoints -> 50];

   and all works fine.
2) Put  the commands

  Off[General::spell]
  Off[General::spell1]

  at the top of Your notebook and You will never see the messages again.

Hope that helps
  Jens