variation of constant (in ODE)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14489] variation of constant (in ODE)
  • From: "Alexander D. Khilinsky" <smiles at chat.ru>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 20:59:09 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi !
Does anybody know, where I can find the Mathematica package,which
implement the method  "variation of constant" (uses in solving ODE).
Particularly, I need the implementation of methods of perturbation
theory,
for example,method of Bogolubov-Krylov-Mitropolsky.

For example, I have equation :

u''(x) + u(x) + eps*u(x)^2 == 0

and I know that u(x) = a*cos(t+b), where a=a(t),b=b(t). I want to know
the OD equations for a(t), and b(t).